Sunday, 13 July 2014
By Hand London Anna Part 2
When I made my Anna dress there were a couple of fitting niggles that I had. Nothing major, and nothing that has stopped me from wearing it about a million times! But still, just things that I wanted to improve before I make another dress, which I will because I love the style and general fit on me. So I decided to made a top version before committing time and fabric to a whole dress.
I had a metre of fabric from Stone Fabrics which I am sure I bought as an archive Liberty print but this really doesn't feel like Liberty fabric. I love it so I am not that bothered but I would be interested to know if this really is a Liberty design.
I started by taking a wedge out of the front neckline and a wedge out of the back neck. I also lengthened the pattern just under the armholes so the bust darts started a bit lower to give my lovelies a bit more space! I had lengthened the pattern a bit to what I thought would be top length but it wasn't enough, so I then sewed a band onto the bottom.
The end result isn't perfect but I am now happy with the fit of the bodice. I have some beautiful silk Flossie bought for me in China a while ago which would be perfect as an Anna. The realist in me knows I *ought* to be sewing sensible things which are missing in my current wardrobe and I do have a long list of things to sew at the moment but I would like to find a use for the silk and (hopefully) do it justice.