As it has been a whole year since I made the alterations to the pattern I had to check back on here to see what I had done - and now I realise the absolute usefulness of having a blog! Apparently I took a wedge out of the front and back necklines and lengthened the bust bit. Whatever I did, I am really happy with the fit of this dress now and would like to make a few more but realistically it will probably be another year before I get round to it! I would like some in a slightly heavier fabric, perhaps even a sateen, that could see me through to autumn.
For the skirt I used the Lilou dress pattern from Tilly and the Buttons Love at First Stitch as I love my skirt version of this so much. I really think it works with this bodice, it feels so twirly and also slightly dangerous in a breeze! The only changes I had to make were to shuffle the pleats slightly so they lined up with the pleats in the bodice. This worked, up to a point. I forgot to take into account the side seams so while my pleats just about match up, the side seam don't. In all honesty though I am going to think anyone who comes up and starts checking out my side seams a bit strange (or a sewist!) so I'm not really that bothered. And maybe I'll just finally get around to buying a belt!
When I made my first Anna last June I finished the whole thing beautifully with french seams everywhere. This time though I just wasn't in the mood and needed to get it done quickly so all seams have been finished on the overlocker. I know which finish I prefer (french seams, obvs!) but the overlocker is so much quicker and with limited time I just wanted to get it done. I also hemmed it on the machine which I am slightly disappointed about so may unpick and and sew it when I have more time. I was thinking of wearing this dress to a wedding next weekend but now I just don't feel its special enough which is a bit daft as from the outside it still looks the same!
The fabric came from Ebay (still for sale at £3.99 a metre!!) although I have seen it in quite a few different places this year, including Walthamstow at a lower price when we went there a few weeks ago. I had wanted to make an Anna out of my Nani Iro I bought a few weeks ago (also yellow!) but unfortunately I only bought 1.5m which is nowhere near enough.
Aside from my laziness in the finish of this dress, I am really happy with how it turned out. I love the colour (even though its a bit difficult to photograph!) and the elephants make me smile!