I was in two minds about writing a blog post for this little outfit but in the end I decided that I wanted a record of it. It wasn't a long or complicated make but I'm really happy with how it turned out. And the pictures made me laugh!
The pattern I used is Style 1711 from 1976 which I found almost by accident on eBay. It is perfect for a Victorian style dressing up and I think I will make it again as normal wear, I like it! I do enjoy using vintage patterns for children's wear probably more than for me as I don't have to worry about fitting issues. I only changed two things when making this; I omitted the high neck band and finished the edge with a bias strip instead, and I left the back of the apron open for a more aprony look. Oh, and I left the frill off the bottom too!
I bought the fabric on my most recent trip to Goldhawk Road and I'm really pleased with it. The grey/blue fabric for the main dress has a slight check running through it and is almost a trouser weight. I think the dress will get worn by itself a bit, I like the style of it. The sleeves need shortening first though!
Following on from my last post I can confirm that reward charts also work on adults and as a reward for making a new dress to wear on Saturday night (not even started yet!) I am going to be heavily influenced by Marilla and make myself some nice loungewear! Featuring bananas!!